1943 - Frinnie and Cynthia Blackburn begin selling groceries in New Boston, OH when Gary was 3 years old. They specialized in fruits, vegetables, and fresh cut meats.
1949 - Store was expanded to 4,000 square feet.
1950's - Blackburn's enjoyed continued growth, largely due to the Atomic Plant construction in Piketon, OH and the operation of the Detroit Steel Mill in New Boston, OH.
1983 - Gary Blackburn and Heidi Hagen-Blackburn purchased the operation from his father Frinnie and expanded to their present location on the site formerly occupied by the Detroit Steel Rod and Wire Mill.
2000 - Bullding was expanded to the current size of 50,000 square feet.
2006 - Fuel Center opens boasting 20 separate customer fueling positions (one of the largest in our area).
Today - We have never lost sight of the fact that the customer is the main reason for our success and have served to bring the lowest prices in the tri-state area. We still feature the best meat and produce prices and all legal beverages.
Since the passing of Gary's wife Heidi on 2005, Gary and his son Nate operate the business and as always pledge low low everyday prices and friendly service.